Monday, October 31, 2005

The Captain's Hook

Okay, although I oft times protest against the hive-mind, cough, LGF/Powerline/Malkin, approach to conservativeism, I'm basically a good little conservative. Well, alright, alright, I think intelligent-design is flat out dumb, but listening to the designers talking like they even known what designer-genes ARE is still better than clicking into Captain's Quarters and waiting for that stupid picture of the stupid boat to load.

But I followed the link from ANKLE BITING PUNDITS, you know, the blog that Malkin is too embarassed to call by name and instead just uses ABP? So I click and wait. Wait some more. The frickin' boat finally loads, and now I can gaze upon the gems spewing from the Captain.

A link to a NY Times article where Senator Graham says a filibuster won't work. Then the Captain agrees with him because Justice Stevens might pull the pin soon, and the Dems might want to hold off on Borkbustering [my wacky name for it, not the Captain's or Graham's] until then, when they might have more Democrats in the Senate.

What?

Now, I COULD spend the next hour or so of my life describing why that's such a lame reason to NOT filibuster, but since I'll never get back the time I wasted waiting for the boat, suffice to say that the whole click was for no good reason.

So that makes me even less of a good little conservative, but sweet mother of pearl...thinking that Democratic Senators MIGHT want to wait because Stevens MIGHT retire and in 2006 they MIGHT have more votes is just so fuc...

CENSORED

No comments: