Saturday, October 29, 2005

Toying With The Idea...

Of doing a daily spoof on popular right-wing blogs. You know, one day post as Michelle Malkin...breathless, wide-eyed but otherwise uncomunicative; another day doing a Little Green Footballs take-off...here's the story and don't bug me I'm setting up the open post so all you lonely folks can chat about nothing so keep your pants on; The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler is a cinch because he rants at length until one has forgotten what the original premise was and I do that all the time...

Stuff like that. I'd do Drudge for a day as well, but where in heavens name do I find people with inside scoop that always turns out to be wrong. The military blogs are boring to most folks, so that's out. Kin du Toit is back as The Gun Guy, so there isn't a need to focus upon bad information regarding firearms, and while it'd be a hoot to spoof him, passing along dangerous ideas can get someone killed, so that's out too. NOBODY could be as unsophisticated and clueless as the fella's at Powerline, so it's too much of a step down the evolutionary ladder for me to even give it a try. Instapundit means presenting a sentence and a link and nothing else, boring as hell, and while I DO post a lot, Booger is so fricking slow and cranky and outright incompetent that staccato-blogging for the day would be tough and they'd probably ban me as a spammer for too many posts. Captain Ed over at Captain's Quarters can be something of a decent writer but where do I get a huge picture of a ship that takes 20 minutes to download everytime you open the page, and being one small step up the chain of google-eyed from Powerline is better but still scary. Samey same with Roger Simon regarding pages that take most of the day to come up. I don't have the fedora either and while Rog is a good dude he isn't exactly hip. Can't print lies just for the sake of hits, so Wonkette is out. Besides, I really don't know enough vagina-humor to accurately spoof her, and she's a loony lib anyway so who would really care besides the kids paid to click so her hit total stays high. LMAO is another click the link and wait an hour while it loads just to watch Frank fawn over his little girlfriend, the short chick with the thunder thighs and no breasts, you know who I mean. And besides, Frank's another wow lookee here I just bought a pistol so now I know everything about self-defense so worship me for saving your life. None of these guys even know what ammo to recommend and since that's the single most important thing TO know about a firearm...nuff said. I COULD spoof blog row over at National Review Online but then I'd have to get a new picture of myself with longer hair, glasses, and change my name to Byron Fotheringay III, so too much hassle. Jeff Jarvis at Buzzmachine just shouts down anyone silly enough to want to censor the media and while he makes a good point now and again is really a lefty posing as a fence-sitter and only gets hits from TV-Guide editor wannabes.

Something to think about.

No comments: