Sunday, January 29, 2006

Taking A Stand, Dammit

It's never too late to admit you've been wrong, and Charles of LGF and Pajama Party fame has convinced me that sweetheart deals with China are morally reprehensible. And this will pain me to no end, but dammitall I'm forging ahead. We moved to Florida 3 months back and one of the delightful finds was an authentic Chinese laundry. Fantastic work, good pricing, and polite as all hells people running the show.

Fuck them. All Wang ever does is prattle on and on about how he's glad the business is doing so well because he can afford to send more of his money home than he ever imagined.

Can you believe this prick? Sending money to China? When I asked his opinion of the Google fiasco he shrugged and said he doesn't even know how to access the internet, and listen, I was born at night but not last night. Nearly pulled the little frig over the counter. I mean, I read LGF every damned day and know better. And what's with this shit of making like he couldn't even pronounce it? "Googer? What Googer, Gunny?" Frickin lucky I noticed Lisa hanging from the arm I was reaching for him with. She carries a stun gun for situations like this, times when it's hard to get my attention, but I'm a modern, caring, and sensitive representative of the male gender so I let him go.

Thanks for opening my eyes, Charles and PJ'ers. Opening my ROUND eyes.

No comments: