Monday, June 26, 2006

Don't Brag, Pray Tell...

Because that's what living an alternate lifestyle boils down to for some people. Bragging rights. All exhibitionists feel this way, and check out Ms Weepy's tale of woe:

"Three weeks ago, I attended a march on the Brooklyn Bridge for marriage equality and, like most functions I attend, I proudly came in uniform. I explained to a news reporter there that I have a girlfriend, but she's not from the States, so she had to return to her home country. We have endured months without each other that we wouldn't have had to suffer through if we were a heterosexual couple. That hurts me. And it makes me angry. I'm an American. I'm a taxpayer. I vote. I'm serving my country, but I don't have the freedom or the right to marry the person I love.

I don't even have the freedom to talk about her because that violates the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

But I'm not special. I am just one of approximately 730 service members who are discharged each year under the DADT policy. I am one of about 10,000 service members who have been discharged under this policy since it began in 1993. According to the U.S. Census, I am one of 65,000 gay Americans on active duty, soon to be a part of the 1 million gay veterans living in the United States today."

Let me explain something to this Loon:

Being in the military I'm quite sure you know of these things called RULES. The military tells you when to go to sleep, when to awaken, what you may eat and drink, how to dress and what the cut of your hair should look like. There's a very good reason for all of it's members to look the same and act relatively similar.

You can even look it up.

It means that you are part of a select team. A team also has this thing called RULES. You join a team, or the military, and you SWEAR to abide by the silly little rules.

For the TEAM. Not for yourself, or your significant other, but the TEAM. If you cannot follow the rules then you do not belong in the service of America, because choosing which rule to follow just ain't cutting it.

Following me? You decided to break the rules and hurt the TEAM. This makes you a lowlife dirtbag who does not DESERVE to wear my Country's uniform.

Glad you're gone. Hope you didn't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

No comments: