Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Well Golly Of COURSE I Believe Everything I Hear...



"Good morning. Obviously, my name is Mary Lacy, and I am the elected district attorney for the 20th Judicial District.

There are a few people out there that look tired this morning, and there are a few people that look tired back here. You guys have been working pretty hard overnight.

I'm asking you this morning, let us do our job thoroughly and carefully. The analysis of the evidence in this case continues on a day-by-day and hour-by-hour basis as we speak.

What I can and very much want to share with you is a deep appreciation for the hard work, total cooperation and dedication of many individuals and agencies across this country and in Bangkok, Thailand."

FAST-FORWARD...

"The Colorado prosecutor who got conned by a creep claiming to be JonBenet Ramsey's killer admitted yesterday officials didn't check out his shaky story until after they'd blown $10,000 flying him back from Thailand.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy also acknowledged that critics wanted to see her "tarred and feathered" after John Mark Karr's DNA failed to match stains on the slain 6-year-old's underwear.

But Lacy said authorities went after Karr because the DNA "surreptitiously" snagged from him wasn't adequate for testing - and because in e-mails to a Colorado journalism professor he spoke of seducing another young girl.

"We also consulted a forensic psychologist," Lacy said. "It was his opinion that this person was dangerous." She added: "I think we did a good job for the community."

TRANSLATION...

Darn and drat. I had my chance at more than 15 minutes of fame and blew it. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day. Say now, if I re-focus my attention on the Father, I betcha...

No comments: