Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yugoslavian Model 70 in 32 ACP...

Had the recent pleasure of firing a dead ringer for the gun in this picture, and was so favorably impressed it's on my wish list. Clunky, and heavy for it's caliber...I'd say maybe 30 ounces fully loaded, but the gun was accurate, lent the impression that it'd fire until the crack of doom, and the recoil from fairly hot fmj's was non-existent. I'm not a slavering devotee of the Mak-type pistols, but this particular Yugo 70 strikes my fancy to a fair thee well, and sure, the 32 cal is a mousegun but the one I shot was accurate as all hell up to 50' and it's not like it'd be my primary CCW or grizzly-tamer. I'm no James Bond, but keeping the thing on target was a snap, and 8 + 1 rounds of modern hollowpoints is really gonna sting.

The right holster, and it'd be one helluva classy combo.

No comments: