Tuesday, March 25, 2008

31-SHOT BELL COP TESTIFIES THAT HE KEPT FIRING TO PROTECT HIS LIFE



March 25, 2008 -- "I didn't want to die. I continued firing."

That was Detective Michael Oliver's reason for unleashing a fusillade of 31 bullets at Sean Bell and Bell's two friends after another cop shouted that he saw someone with a gun.

Although he did not hear any of the other officers identify themselves as cops, Oliver said he yelled, "Police! Don't move! Police! Don't move!" before he started shooting.

Several witnesses have testified that the cops never identified themselves before firing their guns.

Oliver then emptied his gun, took out another clip, reloaded and continued shooting at the vehicle.

"I kept firing at [Guzman]. I really had no more bullets," said Oliver."

All with a Sig P226. As far as I can recall, the P226 has a 12-round MAGAZINE. The enclosed picture sure doesn't feature a modified mag, so how then can he have fired 31 times from two magazines?

I won't rag on him because he said bullets and clips and stuff like that. He's NYPD.

No comments: