Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not All Carjackings Are Successful...

by Tanya Arja

TAMPA - "Tampa Police are investigating six carjackings, or attempted carjackings, in two weeks.

They've all been in the same area near Kennedy and Westshore Boulevards.

Police are looking for two suspects. Investigators say that those two, plus another man who is already in custody, have carjacked two women. They say they've attempted to carjack four other people.

We spoke with a 22-year-old woman who was attacked in the parking lot at International Plaza, but did not want to be identified.

"I thought I was going to die," she said.

She had just gotten into her car and was about to close the door, when she said a man grabbed her door open and forced his way in. He pushed her to the passenger seat, pointing a gun at her.

"He took off out of the parking lot, and I screamed just let me out," she said. "He opened my passenger side door for me to get out, he didn't slow down. He hit me over the head with the gun and basically pushed me out."

The woman's arm got stuck in the seatbelt and said the man, accelerated to make her fall out. She rolled onto the pavement, breaking her wrist and hand, and got road rash all over her legs (my emphasis to illustrate professional journalism at its clumsy worst: Fits).

Tampa Police said she's one of six people who've been targeted.

They arrested A-keem Carr, of Gulfport, but are looking for his accomplices.

One is described as a black male, mid to late 20's, 5'10", short hair, scruffy/unshaven, chipped or missing tooth. The other man is also a black male, mid 20's, under 6', thin with chrome rectangular prescription glasses.

One victim, Audry Sauceda, fought back. She pulled her own gun when a man jumped in her car.

"He stuck a gun in my side and told me to get out of the car. And I pulled out my gun and stuck it in his face, and told him, he needed to get out. He screamed and jumped out of the car," Sauceda said.

She's taken self defense classes and kept her cool, watching the man's movements before she took action.

She's been robbed 6 times in 7 years and said she was tired of being a victim."

What's old news is blacks robbing defenseless women. What's encouraging news is the fact that not all women are comfortable with remaining hapless victims, and despite the best efforts of liberals the country over, are taking steps to defend themselves against such scum.

No comments: